Monday 23 June 2014

Oh for Whomever's sake

I ordered tea.

No, I didn't order tea for Whomever, I ordered it for me. But for Pete's sake (and I really don't know how Pete gets into this at all), I ordered tea.

I should explain this for those new to the program. I used to like a tea place called Teaopia (ah, Teaopia), but it was bought out by a more expensive and far more pretentious outfit called Teavana (argh, Teavana). My sister-in-law, probably tired of hearing me grump about Teavana, very kindly brought me some rooibos chai from David's Tea (sorry, DAVIDsTEA) when they were out to visit last summer. It was good, so I checked out their website and decided to order a few more teas. Yes, there are Davids stores in Calgary and Edmonton, but that would involve driving to Calgary or Edmonton. Plus, free shipping on orders over $50. Anyway, I liked the teas, likely mentioned the teas here more than I really needed to (I occasionally lack in topic for the blather, in case you hadn't noticed), and in return received A LOT of tea for Christmas. Which was very nice, and which became a regular feature on the blog for a while whether anyone really wanted it to or not. Including me. At any rate, between my own purchases and the gifts, there was an awful lot of tea around.

I've gone through the tea.

Well,  not entirely. I couldn't help but notice, though, that many of the teas in my little containers (I'll explain the containers in a moment) only have one or two cups' worth left of tea in them.

I seriously went through all of that tea. And I don't know how. I occasionally drink tea on the weekend, but other than that I generally only make up one travel mug a day at work. And yes, travel mugs are about twice what I'd drink in a ceramic mug sitting, but that lasts me all day. Or until 2 pm, at least. And I don't make more after that, usually. Where on earth did all that tea go?

Ok, yeah, we all know where it went. But it's still incredible to me that I managed it, because I don't think you'd consider me a heavy drinker. Of tea. Or of... oh, never mind. You know what I meant.

And now, an explanation of containers. Years ago a friend gave me a tin containing nine smaller sampler tins from Teaopia (ah, Teaopia). When I went in to check out the store for myself I bought a four-tea set in a stacking canister. Each level holds about 50g of tea, which is handy because that's often the minimum order at loose leaf tea shops. As my stacker gets emptier, I'll transfer those teas to the smaller tins so... well obviously so that I can buy more tea. The Teaopia tins are ugly and orange (maybe that's why they got bought out?), but they're handy and don't take up much space. My Christmas gift also contained three individual and slightly larger sampler tins, which I've been using to take teas to work because they don't take up room in the desk. So yeah, I have a tin system. And shut up, world. It works.

So what did I order? None of your business at this point. That's blog fodder for later, naturally.

Bet you can't wait.

----------

It just occurred to me that if there actually is anyone new to the program they're probably wondering why the photos so rarely have anything to do with the topic (if any). It's simple.

They're pointless.

On purpose.

That's a nice little butterfly on the last of the lilacs, though. Lunch for me, now. See you later in the week, possibly.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails