Saturday 21 November 2015

Something animal-y

 I really don't have anything and should get back to work, so here's a photo of a Red-breasted Nuthatch I took at Dad's last weekend.

Nuthatches are great, and I'm almost convinced that gravity just plain works differently for them. These metal feeders, by the way, are really good if you want to feed peanuts, because squirrels can't chew through them and steal your whole stash.

Unlike a lot of people who feed birds, I really don't have a problem with squirrels. In fact, a few years back I bought Dad a feeder specifically for squirrels, and I'd probably have one myself if I wasn't feeding from a balcony. I get the rare squirrel visitor who'll climb up the stucco to try to have a go at the metal feeder, but it's not nearly often enough to bother having a dedicated squirrel feeder.

And for those who aren't into birds, here's a Bob looking deceivingly cute. And yes, he's a sleep in the picture. He picks some odd postures to sleep in, that cat.

That's it for me, then. Later, folks.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails