Saturday 18 June 2016

Love you

The picture is of a butterfly in the Blue group (appropriate). I haven't had a chance to look it up yet.

Anyway, here we go.

As far as I know, I've never told my father that I love him. We weren't that way,  you see. We were never huggy or demonstrative. I don't even remember my dad telling my mom that he loved her. I know he did -- I was there after she died -- but it was never said out loud in front of us.

I'm tired of things being behind the scenes.

I love you, Dad.

You drive me nuts sometimes, but it doesn't matter. You're my dad, and you're a good dad. You've been there through a lot of things, including my first word to you being "don't" when you were emotional seeing your kid in intensive care when I didn't realise how sick I really was.

I have a good dad, and I'm lucky. I know it.

I just hope you know it too.



I love you, Dad.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails