Saturday 30 May 2015

Presenting... lilacs and two bored-looking cats

Lilacs first:





The only white one in the hedge. Odd man out.

To be honest, there's a lot of digital sharpening going on here. I told you that it was a windy day. And now, two bored-looking cats:

He's not really bored; just sleepy. I should have been taking pictures yesterday while they played in my box of goodies (oh hey. Maybe I just found a post topic), but they sometimes get sick of that. Just like kids with over-the-top parents, I suppose. Although I'm not that bad.

Really.

I'll get to the magic box in a moment, but first let me mention Bored-looking Cat #2. Also sleepy.

These guys are turning into real people cats. They always have to check out who's around (and what they're doing, naturally. They're cats, after all), and if you're downstairs they'll be downstairs too. Well, usually. At the moment they're sleeping upstairs because they got bored while Dad and I were outside.

It's easy to tell that even though the Turkey Brothers are from the same litter, they have different fathers. Not uncommon with cats, if you weren't aware. Tom is sleek and kind of lithe, and Bob has more of a bruiser build. If he hadn't been neutered I imagine that he'd be nothing but muscle.

What he is instead, though, is muscle covered in a layer of Tubby (which, in fact, I've been calling him lately). I don't think that we've dealt with an overweight cat before, but I think that Dad's going to have to watch him if he's already showing that tendency. It shows that it must be at least partly genetic, I guess. Tom probably eats just as much if not more, but no one could ever call him even slightly tubby.

And now, the box. A while ago I was given a reasonably substantial gift credit card for long service (sigh) at the nature centre, and since my policy on gift cards is that I treat them as gifts rather than buying things I need I decided to splurge on some stuff from the Has-Everything-But-Doesn't-Need-An-Ad-From-Me store. It was an extra-interesting online shopping trip because amongst other things I found out that for reasons I don't quite understand they had some pretty deep discounts -- even for them -- on certain art supplies.

Like I need more art supplies, but whatever.

Anyway, the package arrived here at Dad's on the 12th. Erm, yeah, at Dad's. For reasons too pointless to explain, it's far easier for me to have things shipped here than to my place. The downside to that, however, is that the box came on the 12th. And I opened it yesterday because this is the first time I've been here in a few weeks. Waiting for presents that you bought yourself (well, kind of, anyway) really sort of sucks, you know?

I've got them now, though. Three books (and I've threatened before to start taking pointless photos of what I'm currently reading and giving you reviews. Maybe I'll start doing that after all), a bone folder, some Nupastels, a bigger set of Art Stix because I like the small set I already have, same goes for the Inktense pencils, and... a ManaTea. Because, come on. ManaTea. Besides, I already have this one, so I figured that he may as well have a companion.

Incidentally -- and anyone who knows me won't be surprised at this -- I certainly didn't pay list price for either of those infusers.

So there you have it. Lots of new toys (thanks, Work), and the boys enjoyed the packing materials so I guess it was a win for all of us. Well, maybe except Dad, since he got the excitement of keeping half an eye out to see where the courier would throw my package. Thanks, Dad. And as for the new art supplies, if I get off my artistic butt you'll probably see a bit of something in the next day or two since I have something I really should get done for work. Only fair, I suppose. Work buys new supplies; work gets the results.

That's enough words now. Type at you later.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails