Wednesday 29 July 2015

Guess who's going back to surgery!

 yay.........

 Ok, so I had my colonoscopy follow-up appointment with the surgeon this morning, and the good news is that things look good. The bad news? That means that I'm a good surgical candidate.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't want to spend the rest of my life with a stoma if I don't have to. The problem is that it's one thing to need emergency surgery and not be able to do anything about it, and it's a totally different one to willingly go back to surgery knowing everything that's involved in recovery. As well, the surgeon gives you a run-down of the possible complications -- including ending up with another, different kind of stoma -- and that's frankly scary. I mean, I'd sooner know than not know, but still. I'd need a horse tranquiliser to be able to show up to the hospital, I think.

In the end it was my choice. Live with a pouch, or sign up for possibly no pouch and a mostly normal life OR some major complications. My choice, I'll repeat.



My surgery's in November.

And I'm done talking about it until at least October (I hope) so let's end with some more rocks. I, um, needed cheering up a little while ago. No big write-up this time, but I'll give you their names so you can look up the weirdness factor on you own if you want to.

Blue Tiger's Eye (yes, again) in copper

Chalcedony geode

Jade coin (just the name of the bead, not an actual coin)

Green Kyanite

Turquoise

Stay tuned for more rocks. Because I'll probably feel the need to buy more rocks...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails