Monday 12 June 2017

Stuff. Family stuff.

If I posted this without comment, a certain segment of my family would be saying WHERE DID YOU GET THAT? as though I'd violated some treaty or will or something. I haven't. It's from my PATERNAL grandmother.

The fact that I know I'd be questioned, though, is why I avoid most of my cousins.

I have almost nothing of my maternal grandmother's. When she left her home, shortly after my mother's death, my aunt and uncles treated her things as, well, things. People and memories weren't considered.

I felt like I was kicked out of my own family. Just lost my mother, remember. I had no voice in the arguments.

Anyway, that was then. Grandma's stuff is long gone. Other grandma's stuff? Is really fun, and I enjoy wearing it and remembering her.

And no one is pissed off that I have it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails