Tuesday 16 January 2018

So, here's a thing.

Shortly after Christmas, I ordered a few things from a Canadian charity's Boxing Day sale. For my American readers who don't know Boxing Day... well, look it up. Sorry, but I get tired of explaining when the info's already out there.

Anyway.

There's a complicated story behind the arrival of the package, involving a missing delivery notice and a cab trip at -30C, but that's not what this is about.

It's about what happened afterwards.

Now, I'll admit that I didn't have a lot of ideas about what I'd do with the order until I opened the set of made-in-Kenya bracelets. If, by the way, you're still wondering about which charity I'm talking about, just enlarge the photo. That's the bracelet I'm talking about. Just don't want to give a complete endorsement because that's not my thing.

Anyway, again.

I opened the bracelet set thinking that I'd be keeping them, but for whatever reason my brain decided that I should be passing them on to people that I liked instead. The charity calls them Rafiki, which means friend. Maybe that's why they needed to be shared.

I took them in to work today and gave them out to a few people. As is usual for me I'd already planned for what I'd do if someone didn't want one... but it wasn't needed. People seemed happy.

I don't know if anyone realised how happy it made me that people liked my little gift. It wasn't anything big, but it meant something to me and I'm glad that it was received kindly.

Big lift, in other words, and so much better than having bracelets in multiple colours just because. I don't even care if I never see one worn again. Um, not much, anyway.

The take-away's so obvious that I'm not going to state it, but today was a good day that also included helping others. Doubly good day. We should all have more of those.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails