Saturday 28 September 2013

Post? Yeah, I did say something about a post. Right.

The problem with having a busy week where you haven't had much time to do personal things on the computer is that when you finally get a morning to catch up while doing laundry you end up in Internet Stupid S--- Land.

Oh, and for those new to the program, the censoring above isn't due to any delicacy on my part. Whomever knows that I'm not shy about my language. I know that people generally don't come here for the four-letter words, though, so I try to take it easier on the blog than I do in real life.

Anyway.

I've spent most of the morning looking at every stupid thing that I might have missed during the week and NOT thinking about blogging. Yep, no topic again, unless you'd like to hear about the weird (or lovely, depending on how you look at it) lighting on a few of the pointless photos I've posted lately.

It's simple, really. I got bored one night before my flowers all died and went out on the balcony to take flash pictures. Some of them turned out not too bad, actually. Almost like I'd planned it or something.

Maybe the best time to take pictures of flowers is at night? I'd never really thought about it, but you do have more control of the light that way. Maybe it's something I'll have to try next year. Oh, there's a topic: why it'll have to wait for next year.

Fall.

Fall has hit us in a big way, boys and girls, and it really kind of sucks. Normally I don't mind autumn so much, but this year for whatever stupid reason Alberta had one of the warmest Septembers on record. I say stupid (an awful lot of stupids here today...) because unseasonably warm temperatures mean that both your body and mind go what the hell? when the temperatures suddenly go from the mid twenties to the low to mid teens. And when I say suddenly, I mean within a day or two. No transition.

Gotta love Alberta sometimes. Where else can you go from summer to below zero temperatures at night without at least a hint of what's coming?

Ah well. My flowers are dead, the poplars have turned, everything else is headed that way, and I have to remember to get that rock hit fixed before the nights start getting even colder and I end up paying for a whole windshield.

New pointless photos today, if I can find something to take pictures of that doesn't depress me too much.



This was almost a post, wasn't it?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails