Thursday 10 October 2013

Sorry, yet again

Forgot about the blog.

It happens.

A fair amount.

Sooo...



I... think I hate my mug?

Ok, we'll go with that. I think I hate the insulated travel mug I use for tea here at work. I know I don't like it especially -- I'm just not quite sure it's gone far enough to hate to bother buying a new one.

And why do I dislike my mug? Well, for one thing, it's one of those travel ones that are designed to fit in a car's cup holder. Tall and skinny, you know? Fine if you're putting it in a cup holder, but not so great if it's just sitting on a desk. It's been tipped over a few times by various people (including me, yes), and then you just have a desk mess.

And then there's the cleaning. For most of us, office mugs don't go home to be washed all that often, and an insulated mug probably shouldn't go through our work steriliser anyway. I rinse mine out after every use, but you still tend to get a build-up. Trying to scrape that out of a tall skinny mug is the absolute definition of pointless.

Before this mug I had what they call an insulated desk mug. Actual mug shaped, so harder to tip over. Wider, so much easier to clean. When it died after many years of service (the handle broke off) I didn't have time to search out another desk mug so I thought I'd make do with a travel mug.

I think I might hate it.

I should mention here that because I'm often away from my desk for long periods of time doing programs and things like that, an insulated mug's sort of important to me.

So I guess maybe I'm mug shopping in the next while?

I'll keep you posted. Because of course you're on the edge of your seat about it right now.

Aren't you?





Well, fine then. I'll just go off in a huff. No, seriously. I'm just about to leave work (short day because I'm over  my hours) and my two fans might remember that my car has a name. Whether it needed one or not.

I wonder what it thinks about travel mugs?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails