Saturday 26 October 2013

What inevitably happens when someone gives me something that I like

Something food-based, anyway.

Sigh.

Ok, maybe not exactly inevitably.

And maybe not sigh either because my tea stocks really did need to be replenished (have I mentioned that I have more than a mild dislike for Teavana? Yeah, I thought I had) and I'm looking forward to this.

It does look rather like tea overkill though, doesn't it? There's an explanation. Really there is. $50 = free shipping, and being cheap myself... well, all right, sometimes being cheap can get a little expensive, but it's not like all of this tea won't get used or anything. And if it's any good, faster than I'll want to admit to myself. That's what comes from all of these big insulated mugs everyone uses these days, you know. What would have been one cup of tea becomes two cups of tea right from the start, and then...

You use up tea, that's what the and then is.

I just thank Whomever that I'm not a coffee drinker. $50 wouldn't have taken me nearly as far at Timmie's.

Anyway, for anyone who's been curious enough to click on the photo and read the labels, a brief explanation in no order:
  • I like Darjeeling as a basic tea, and it's getting increasingly hard to find without going to a specialty shop.
  • I like chai.
  • I like being buzzed sometimes.
  • I like being buzzed with chocolate added.
  • I like to have a dessert tea on hand because sometimes a person's just in that mood.
  • I like not being buzzed sometimes, and I thought that I should get something non-buzzy because the rooibos chai I was given that started this whole thing is going fast.
  • I... um... needed to get something else to make it to $50. Seriously? I'm usually a honey person at home, but honey's a pain at work so I end up using sugar. I thought I'd give the agave syrup a try to see how I liked it.
And there you have it. I should be good for a while in the tea department, and since those clever people send along free samples when you order I'll probably be well on my way to my next choices by the time the cupboard is bare again.

At least they didn't try to sell me more canisters. Take that, Teavana.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails