Sunday 16 November 2014

Ah, new. And some Turkey Brothers.

 Today's pointless photos are completely unedited, because I have other things to do. You'll hear what in a bit.

The first pointless photo is, admittedly, boring. It's a bridge, obviously, and if you click on it you'll see that it's a little fuzzy because my hand was getting tired at that point.

The cool thing about the picture, though, is that the bridge is way down the hill and across the river valley from my Dad's place, and I took the shot from his driveway.

Yep, someone got a new zoom lens. 55-200 mm, which will nicely extend my range since the kit lens (the one that came with the camera) is an 18-55 mm. And the new lens was on sale.

No, really, that's a good thing. Maybe my family's weird, but we're always happy when we can a) get things on sale, and b) tell the person we give them to that the things were on sale. I know that some people would think it's lessening the value of the gift or something like that, but it's more like being proud of finding a neat thing AND managing to get a deal on it.

Anyway, happy birthday to me, and thanks, Dad.

The other new thing is the computer that I'm currently using. My brother and sister-in-law decided to get Dad a new system for his birthday (yeah, she'd had to use Dad's old one when they were out here. I'm not the only one who was hearing the hamster wheel). Now I just have to figure the thing out. You see, the person who does our IT at work has decided that she doesn't like Windows 8, so all of our stuff is on Windows 7 whether it's new or not. Right now I'm using the Desktop on this computer rather than the Start page for anything that I want to actually get done, but don't worry. I'll figure things out eventually. Erm, not that you'd know one way or the other anyway since it'll all look the same to you, but... You know, I'm not sure what the but is. But I'm not a dinosaur? But it isn't giving me the jitters? But even though I'm now officially smack dab in my mid-forties (yes, dammit) I still know how to computer?

Whatever. Fill in your own but.

----------

And now for a quick Turkey Brothers update. The boys have lost their kitten coats in a big way. Tom has become very shiny and sleek, and Bob is still a fair bit coarser. They're both pretty handsome cats. You can see from the photo above that Bob is very much the speckled kind of tabby rather than the stripey kind. They're both still shits climbers and are on everything. The only way to keep them off the piano, for instance, is to make sure that they never get anywhere near the piano. Yep, these little boys see a lot of closed doors. I'll have a few more pictures of them in the coming posts, so more later.

For now, though, I'm off to explore the wonderful world of Windows 8.



I'll leave a trail of breadcrumbs in case I get lost.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails