Monday 3 November 2014

Pointless turkey brothers of the day:

Otherwise known as Bad Cats.

I could have a whole series of these two up on things they're not supposed to be on, you know.

Probably will, in fact.

----------

Ok, this will be quick because I have a lot of things to catch up on. I wasn't exactly intending to be away from work for a week, you know. I was expecting not to work early in the week because I only work part-time and that's not unusual. I wasn't, however, expecting to be knocked off my ass by some bug or other and end up missing the rest of the week.

When you're home and not really feeling like doing/able to do much, you end up watching a lot of television, you know. Well, you do if you're me and have no computer or wifi, at least. Sometimes you end up seeing things that you really wish you hadn't seen. The other day, for example, I was watching some show on giant food makers. You know, things like competitive pumpkin growers or people who make huge wheels of cheese. I know it was all supposed to be just a bit of light fun, but really all I could think of was the first-world cliché that this is why the rest of the world hates us. I mean, think of it. All of those wasted resources and time, just to grow a huge onion. And then, all that wasted food so that you can have the world's biggest vat of macaroni and cheese. If you were having trouble feeding your family at all and knew that things like that exist in other countries, would you see it as a bit of fun?

I certainly wouldn't. In fact, I guess I didn't see it as fun even now. Food is just one of the things that we really, absolutely need to start taking more seriously, folks.

And don't get me started on those shows where they go to greasy diners or county fairs and eat the biggest, fattest plates of food that can be made. Oh, I watch them all right. But I hate myself for doing it.

Anyway, back to work now. There should actually be blogging this week, fingers crossed, and I'll try to find something lighter to blather about. And if you need something lighter now, go to the other blog and look at Socky. I hadn't looked at it since I posted it until today, and if I do say so myself, boys and girls, that's one fine sock puppet.

And my two fans know how rarely I say that about my own doodles, so you know it must be true.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails