Thursday 21 January 2016

Yes, it's a tea post

A quick one, though. Work &c &c.

Today marks my foray for-real into the world of matcha. I'd debated on getting the traditional set-up of bowl and whisk, but in the end I went for what you see on the left. It'll be easier in the office.

The Matcha Maker is basically a travel mug with an agitator in the top that creates the foam when you shake the tea. You just add matcha and warm water to the fill line, shake for a while, and then top up with water, milk... whatever turns your crank, I suppose.

Verdict? It works. Oh, and it comes with a regular infuser as well so that you can use the cup with regular tea.

----------

In other tea news, last night's tea (because I couldn't leave the store with just matcha, could I?) was Ginger Beer. When you open it up, it smells like ginger beer. When you brew it, it smells like ginger beer. When you sip it, it tastes like non-carbonated ginger beer.

In other words, if you don't like ginger beer (and for those unfamiliar, ginger ale isn't ginger beer. Ginger beer bites you back a little when you drink it), you won't like this tea.



I like ginger beer. And I liked the tea.

Later, folks.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails