Sunday 27 March 2016

Pointless photos of the day: Spring version

 Let it be known that there are things actually growing in Dad's yard, as I found when I was stomping around with the camera (REAL camera) yesterday. This first one is a Pasque Flower or Prairie Crocus, and the rest are tulips and daffodils. To be fair, most of this stuff is growing where the dryer vent heats the soil early, but still, it gives some hope of colour within the next few weeks.
 If the deer don't chew off the tulips, of course.
 There seems to be a lot of tulips this year.
 The deer don't go for the daffodils at all, by the way. That's one of the gardening tips I give people who phone the Nature Centre complaining that the deer are eating their tulips.

That's right, I suggest daffodils instead. Not usually what people want to hear, but hey. If you want wildlife around -- and most people do -- you sort of have to plan for it to be around, right?
Anyway, this is what you're getting today because the Lahore attack (as sadly predictable as it was, on a Christian holiday) doesn't exactly put me in a light blather mood. Especially considering the fact that it's reasonably early in the day yet, and I somehow don't expect that it's the last thing we'll hear about this Sunday.




I sure hope that I'm wrong on that.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails