Sunday 17 April 2016

Around the yard

Had to go to emergency today (don't panic -- it's a small town, and they use their emergency department kind of like a walk-in clinic on weekends) because the home care nurse was concerned that my incision is reddening. It's probably just irritation from the staples, though. They ended up taking out half of the staples and started me on a precautionary antibiotic in case it's the start of an infection. No big deal.

Why did I even mention it?

Well, the next time you complain about Canada's health care system -- and I'm not saying that it's perfect by any means, because it isn't -- just remember this:

  • I have a home care nurse to check on my healing and change my dressing.
  • I had the option of going to a no-fee emergency clinic instead of having to wait until regular office hours tomorrow.
  • I've been looked after long before the chance of an actual emergency.

We take too much of this stuff for granted, folks. You know that we do.

----------

No more blather from me today, so since I do have a bunch of photos taken with an actual camera instead of a potato (as one of my coworkers calls cameraphones), let's take a look at what's budding in Dad's yard:

Red-osier Dogwood leaf buds

Lilac

Prairie Crocus (pasqueflower) flower bud

Rose

Saskatoon leaves

More Saskatoon

Soon to be a tulip, if the deer don't eat it first

Believe it or not I have even more new pictures, but you're not getting them all at once since I'll still be around a computer for a few more days at least.

You'll get so tired of actually hearing from me...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails