Friday 22 April 2016

More Prairie Crocus... and something else

Prairie Crocus, or Pasqueflower, is one of my favourite things in the spring, so I tend to take a lot of photos of them when they come up in the yard. Here's a few (more).

After that there's one more photo that I'll put behind a jump for those of you who are accessing the blog by the home page. For those who came via the post link, just don't scroll all the way down if you're disgusted by bodies for some reason. I'm not, personally, but to each his/her own.

Ok, nice purple flowers:







One non-flower after the jump:

Now this, boys and girls, is part of my incision. Pretty, huh. It's only part of my incision because I took it with the cellphone and my arms are pretty much too short to get the whole thing in.

That's my navel in the centre. The other, second-navel-looking thing above it is just a fold of skin that happened as the cut started to contract. It'll probably even out. Or not. Whatever. It's not exactly important.

To the right you can see part of the bandage that's covering my stoma site. It's still a tiny bit open, so it gets a dressing for now.

For those who haven't seen a surgical scar before, the scabby-looking dots are where there had been staples. They'll fade a lot. In time.

And why am I showing you this? A couple of reasons, I suppose. I'm still wondering if I should have been more internet-forward about life as an ostomate, really, and (this is the bigger part) I'm not ashamed or disgusted at the thought of people seeing my scars. Anyone who thinks that there's something wrong with that needs a life lesson, in my not-so-humble opinion. Hypothetical disgusted person? It's not disfigurement. not by a long shot.



It's survival, and I'm honestly kind of proud of that.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails