Saturday 14 May 2016

Yet again, rocks

Yes, my car veered towards the rock shop again on my way to Dad's place yesterday. It was on purpose this time: I wanted something to go a little better with my uncle's diamond stud earrings. I've been using them in my second lobe holes a lot, but to be honest, some of the earrings they get paired with are a little odd some days. Nothing wrong with that, of course -- it's practically my earring MO -- but I figured that it might be nice to have something that harmonised a bit more with them for those occasions that I don't want to look so much like a weirdo interpreter.

So to speak.

It wasn't like I was going to get anything expensive, naturally. Just something a little more faceted. So as you see above, there are green onyx studs (yeah, I usually avoid dyed rocks. They were nice, though), a rose quartz pendant (yeah, it's not earrings. Whatever. It'll go with some earrings I already have), and citrine and pearl drops.

Gah. Citrine. It's basically just yellow quartz, for those of you who are unfamiliar, and I've said before that I wouldn't ever have any since the jewellery industry switched the "modern" November birthstone from topaz, which I grew up with, to citrine. A matter of (misplaced, yes) principles, I suppose, but when you grow up with one thing and then it's arbitrarily changed to another thing by an industry that wants a cheaper alternative, isn't it a cheat?

Besides, I already had my grandmother's topazes...

Aaanyway. Here's a completely unattractive shot of the side of my head that I was too lazy to crop, in case anyone wanted to see what these things look like on. I think that either of them should go okay with the diamonds when I'm in the mood, really.



And just to get that last photo out of your brain a bit, let's end with today's pointless cat pictures:

Bob under the piano bench
Tom the Hamper Boy

That should do me for now, I think. Stay tuned for some actual camera photos tomorrow, since there are finally growing and flowering things to look at in the yard. And yes, that means that you get to look at them too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails