Saturday 25 May 2013

Apparently it's just too much effort

Today's photo inadvertently exemplifies the post title. The camera's at work because I was half-thinking of taking some shots of an event that's happening here right now, but at the moment I don't feel like it so I just took a photo of the side of the filing cabinet instead. I didn't have to move from my desk chair for it.

Hey, at least it's something. I haven't had time to take photos lately. If I have time to blather in this coming week, Whomever only knows what you'll be seeing here.

Anyway. I should keep this short, because I should be working on the newsletter. Actually, I have been working on the newsletter. I'm just using this as an excuse to take a brain break.

So, effort. I have a LinkedIn account, did you know that? No, really. I keep getting the update e-mails, so I must have one.

I've signed in once, I think. Maybe twice. I have a handful of contacts, but I'm not sure that I remember my password.

I guess it's just too much effort to bother to maintain, as much as it would probably be of professional value. It's much easier just to broadcast work-related things on the Twitter account. I do have my own Twitter account, by the way, but I only use it to follow other accounts with. I guess it's too much effort to think of things to tweet that anyone would care about.

It's funny, considering how much time I spend with social media stuff here at work, how little enthusiasm I have for social media in my personal life. I can't even blame that on my lack of computer, since I'm lucky enough to have one of those workplaces where personal internet use is ok'd as long as it's not interfering with the job.

You wouldn't be reading this if that wasn't the case.

I'm not on Facebook by personal choice (I probably should be, so that I could be helping out with the work Facebook page, but I'm not. That's how little I want to be on Facebook). Even if my feelings about Facebook were different, though, I have a feeling that I'd have the least-updated Facebook account in the history of Facebook accounts.

I just don't have the energy to have fake friends.



I need to find the energy to get back to the newsletter, however. Probably no blather here for the next couple of days, but then my two fans are probably completely surprised that I made the effort to blather today after what they've just read.

And now... go back and read the inane sentences my coworkers have left on the filing cabinet. You know you want to. Maybe create one of your own, if you like. E-mail me or comment and I'll put it up there.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails