Saturday 11 May 2013

Special extra post guest-starring my mom's handwriting

 By special request from the comments (otherwise known as my sister-in-law), the infamous Lemon Jello Cake.

This card was in the stack from my grandmother that I was talking about earlier, so I still haven't cracked open Mom's recipe box. The funny thing is, I can tell that she probably wrote it out for Grandma in a hurry. After all, some of the lines aren't dead straight...

Um, I should probably say now that I'm laughing as I type this. Otherwise, it'll sound like handwriting was a thing between my mother and me, which it wasn't.

As far as the recipe goes, it looks pretty dated what with the boxed mix and the Jello, but it tastes good and the texture's nice. Mom always made it in a tube pan, but a bundt pan would do as well.


Click on the scans to enlarge them, as usual.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails