Thursday 30 May 2013

Duck!

Or, ok, ducks.

I actually have a little time to post today, but as is usual when I haven't really posted for a while I don't have a heckuva lot to say.

I could talk about rain, I suppose.

We've been getting some. The end.

All right, sorry, but there's just not that much to say about it. We're in a thunderstorm cycle. Mid-afternoon noise and downpours the past couple of days. We're also at the start of our busy season for school programs. End result? A lot of wet kids.

That's ok for the young ones, since they absolutely love rain gear (and umbrellas. I hate that part. Ever try to take a group of umbrella-wielding six-year-olds on a walk through a forest? Works about as well as you might think), but once you hit about Grade 4 you know that you're going to be looking at a group of people who are too cool to wear anything but hoodies. Absorbent, non-drying hoodies.

It's hard to have sympathy for the hoodie crowd. If being too cool means you end up absolutely cold, well, maybe you'll remember that for next time.

Sorry, I'm a bit grumpy. I've already been wet with a group once today. Thankfully, that's the only group I have.

Funny thing is, if I wasn't with a group I'd enjoy the rain. I enjoy rain in general. I like the sound of rain (especially on canvas, but then my two fans will have already read my childhood memories of our old tent trailer), I like the look of rain, and -- as long as we're not talking torrential downpour -- I like the feel of being out in the rain. Rain becomes a lot less fun, though, when you're trying to herd a group of poorly-dressed students through a program that they stopped caring about the moment they felt the first drops hit them.

Stupid people. Wrecking my rain.

Anyway, there you have a semblance of a post. Time for me to get back to work. Enjoy the ducks.





I'd imagine that they're enjoying the rain. Sans stupid people, of course.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails