Sunday 7 July 2013

Ducks

In a row, naturally (and if I'm not mistaken, they're Goldeneyes). Not the greatest picture, but they were a ways away and I don't have a telephoto lens.

Probably wouldn't use one any place but work even if I did have one. Call it a hazard of being nearsighted, but I'm always much more interested in close-ups, like the damselfly below.

Not too bad a shot for my kit lens, but I reeeally want a macro.

I don't suppose I've mentioned that, have I? At least, I don't think I have in the last five minutes or so. I try not to whinge about it too much, but as handy as the 18-55mm zoom that tends to come standard with a lot of dSLRs is, for Yours Myopically a macro is where it's at.

Hey, we all have our interests. Mine is in small things, because I have difficulty seeing the big picture.

Literally.

At the moment I'm having even more difficulty, because I really need to have my eyes checked. I'm getting older, and I'm really starting to notice the difference between my close and distance vision. Being nearsighted, though, I'm not having that problem most people get with ageing eyes -- you know, having to hold things farther away to read them. No, for me, I'm finding that if I'm looking at something really small I have to look UNDER my glasses to see the details. My glasses are probably overcorrecting me, in other words.

Ah well, I'll get it fixed at some point. In the meantime, I have to get back to work. You're lucky you're getting a post at all, actually, because I just finished blogging for work and I'm not usually in the mood for two blog posts in the same hour.

Don't you feel special? I thought you might.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails