Saturday 6 July 2013

Doggie eyes

Today's pointless photo isn't of doggie eyes. It's a double-flowering plum, and since it's from the spring it's getting a little old now. Still, it's pretty so I thought I may as well use it as not.

So what's this about doggie eyes, then? Have I got a dog and not told anyone? Um, not likely. Besides the fact that I live in a no pets apartment, I'm far more of a cat person than a dog person. I like dogs just fine, but they can be so needy.

And you need to schedule when they poop.

No, no new dog for me. I am, however spending time with two dogs at work today. We have a pretty pet-friendly office, so when any of the girls are pet-sitting or don't want to have to go home to walk a dog, the dogs are perfectly welcome to come here with them.

And that's how we get to doggie eyes.

I'm the one with the doggie eyes today.

It's not terribly normal for me to be allergic to dogs. I'm allergic to cats, yes (but since I like cats I mostly just deal with that. And use antihistamines), but for the most part I'm fine with dogs. Every once in a while, though, a dog will just hit me the wrong way, and presto. Doggie eyes. Watery, itchy doggie eyes.

Yay.

I mean, it certainly doesn't help that whenever a dog wants to be petted I will, and without coercion, do some dog petting. I like dogs. I like animals. I'm a trained zoologist, for pity's sake. I wouldn't have spent four years of my life studying animals if I didn't actually like them. Unfortunately in this case, the like of the animal and the unexpectedness of the reaction leads to doubly doggie eyes.

My eyes are kind of on fire right now.

Ah well. It's not going to stop me from petting dogs. And posting pictures that have absolutely nothing to do with my posts.



All is as pointless as usual here, then. Good to know.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails