Sunday 30 June 2013

Pizza. No pineapple this time, though.

You'll notice that today's pointless photo (sorry for the darkness, but I pulled it straight off of the camera and I'm too lazy to edit it today) isn't of pizza. It's of something I found when I was looking for a protractor for today's non-art project (never did find the protractor, by the way, but I did find a triangle so that mostly did the trick). Hands up if you know what it is. Now, hands up if you know how to use it. I certainly don't, but if any of you out there are interested in learning more (or, heck, anything), this tutorial looks promising.

Anyway. This will, hopefully, be short. I have other things to get to before I hit the highway.

I had pizza for breakfast this morning. Not an unusual thing for me (as for many other people, you have to admit) the day after a delivery meal. I might have pizza for lunch, too. I like pizza.

Here comes the weird part.

The only time I get to have restaurant-made pizza is when I'm here at my father's place. At home I'll make pizza (sometimes even with homemade crust. If you don't have time for that, though, I recommend pocketless -- sometimes called Greek-style -- pitas. Much better than those bland shells you can get, in my opinion) or cook frozen pizza. I don't order in. I've lived in my current city for about twenty years, and in that time I've ordered pizza once. Kind of weird for someone who likes pizza enough to have it three meals a day when it's available.

We haven't hit complete weirdness yet, however.

When I lived in Edmonton I ordered pizza every week. Every single week. Granted, I was a university student and the pizza and Kraft Dinner cliche about the average student's diet is often quite true, but my point is that I'm certainly not averse to ordering pizza. I had a fair history of it. Every weekend, two large pizzas from a two-for-one chain, and I'd live on the leftovers for as long as they'd last. That sounds horrible now, but as I said I was a student. First time away form home, busy schedule... at least I wasn't living on uncooked ramen.

After my degree I moved home for a bit, and then I moved to where I currently live. Back on my own, back to where I could do things my way, back to the pizza routine.

Except not.

For whatever  reason I just never really started ordering pizza again. And since I never started, I didn't continue. It's kind of like coffee, I suppose. Everyone told me that I'd be addicted to coffee within two weeks of starting university, but if you never start drinking coffee you don't keep drinking coffee.

To this day I don't drink coffee. And I don't order pizza.

I do eat pizza, though. I'll probably have pizza for lunch.





Is it lunchtime yet?

1 comment:

Andrew Finnie said...

hah hah you made me hungry then you made me laugh :) now I am empty and full :)_

Related Posts with Thumbnails