Monday 17 June 2013

Ahhh

Sometimes, just every once in a while, I have a group that reminds me why I've stayed in this business so long.

I'm kind of feeling mellow just now.

Let's see how long it takes for the rest of the day to destroy the mood, shall we?

----------

I'm not feeling especially blathery today and I should get back to work anyway, but I would at least like to say that today's featured flower is one of my absolute favourites. Blue Flax (Linum lewisii, as in Lewis & Clark). Looks so absolutely delicate, but tough as nails. This particular plant has been growing up between my father's patio pavers for years. Mom tried to start it in a bed, but it liked the pavers better.

That makes me weirdly happy, for some reason.

Later, all.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

I photographed blue flax in my yard. I did not know what it was. I just call them Bluets. Glad you had a great group. It's nice to feel validated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails