Friday 21 June 2013

Wow

I've been sitting here at my desk this morning watching the twitter feeds from southern Alberta and retweeting our local river information (for those who might be concerned, our peak is supposed to be a bit lower than originally expected. Things should be fine, for the most part).

I've never seen anything like what's happening down there, and seeing everything so immediately on social media just sort of magnifies it all. And the pictures. My good freaking Whomever, I just can't imagine, after seeing those pictures, the amount of recovery some of these towns are going to have to go through once all that water's finally gone.

Today's photo, by the way, is of where I work (well, no, I don't work in the lake. But I bet you got that on your own). We, thankfully, are not likely to have flooding issues. But this is the only picture I had on hand of something watery.

Keep safe, everybody. I know it's a horrible cliche, but our thoughts are with you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails