Monday 6 January 2014

Pointless photo of the new year so far:

Not taken with the new lens because I took it a while ago. Now let me explain it.

Every once in a while I prove to the world that I'm a five-year-old and buy a Kinder Surprise egg. Yeah, don't judge me. They're a harmless diversion (except in the United States, apparently, where they're lethal) and occasionally the little toys have some neat engineering. Sometimes they're utter crap, too, but again it's harmless and I like to have things to play with.

Now, a while ago the company came out with eggs specifically for girls. I am specifically a girl, but I didn't have any interest in the pink-tinted things. It's so cliche, for one thing, and I've never been particularly girly. My Barbies, for example, went through absolute hell. Nope, no girl toys in eggs for me.

I picked one up accidentally, as it turns out. Ah well, let's see what the girl side of the toy business has to offer.

This. What you see in the picture. A Disney Princess.

An effing Disney Princess, and that's what's wrong with the world right there.




I completely despise that whole franchise, if you couldn't guess, and I don't even especially dislike Disney movies. The Princesses, though, make me very, very glad that I never had a daughter to be sold on the whole false idea. And this? This isn't even a fun toy. It's a tiny plastic statue that doesn't do anything. At least the "boy" toys often have moving parts...

A Disney Princess. No more pink eggs for me if that's what girls are suppose to like.

----------

And now, today's tea, which unfortunately hasn't caffeinated me enough to be terribly functional. It's Coffee Cake and... I dunno on this one. Maybe it's just that I'm tired, but tea that tastes like cake is sort of confusing my brain a bit. It's all right, but I don't think it'll hit my list of favourites.

Too bad, really, because there's probably going to be a lot less tea talk here in the next while. Not that I won't be drinking it, but I've officially sampled every one of the teas in my Christmas stash. If you only knew what a prodigious feat that was. Ok, maybe not exactly a feat, but there's a fair amount of tea at my house right now. I'm stocked for a while.

Not at all a bad thing, in case you wondered. I'm going to stop typing now, if that's all right with everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails