Saturday 1 February 2014

Chapter 1875: Wherein Dee's nails are self-destructing

Today's pointless photo is, obviously, not of nails. It does continue the blue snow theme, though.

I hope you're not sick of the blue snow theme yet.

Anyway. My nails. My thumbnails specifically. They're a mess, and it's frustrating.

Now, I'm the first to admit that I usually have it really easy with my nails. I keep them short because they drive me nuts if they aren't (blame that on all the years of piano, I guess. The click of nails on a keyboard always used to drive me right round the bend), they grow quickly so if something happens to them it doesn't take long to fix, and I really don't give a flying how they look as long as they're not too ratty.

I work at a nature centre, remember? Being fussy about my nails would be kind of stupid, considering what my hands get up to. And into.

My thumbnails at the moment, though... man. What a wreck. First I chipped my longer one (oh yeah... I keep my left thumbnail a little longer to use as a screwdriver. Yes, I'm serious. I care about my nails so much that I intentionally use one as a tool) in just such a way that the top layer split off. Which, of course, made it wear away faster on that side because the underlayers are softer. Which, when I filed it down, made it split again because I caught the remnant of the upper layer... lather, rinse, repeat. This has been going on for a month, and I can't make the nail much shorter without filing skin. That's my left nail.

Today I took a chip out of my shorter nail.

Sigh.

How do you ladies who actually care about nails deal with all of this filing and filling and adjusting without going up the wall? There are so many better things to do than worry about the next time you chip a nail, aren't there?

There are for me, at any rate. Like getting back to work.

And not blathering about nails.

Maybe I'll make it snails next time. How do you suppose snails could annoy me?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails