Friday 14 February 2014

Sometimes I love my workplace

After seeing the bad -- bad, but made us laugh -- version on Cake Wrecks the other day, we decided that we really needed to get our coworker's baker husband to make us a Valentine's cake. So here it is, our celebration at the Nature Centre:

Seriously. It's on the shelf opposite our office door right now. The best part has been to see who laughed and who didn't when they noticed it. The vast majority have laughed, and many pictures have been taken.

Incidentally, if you're able to find this picture on Twitter then you will have officially found the account that I and a couple of others tweet on for work. Or at least the account of someone who retweeted it...

I work with some interestingly weird people.

They're great.

And in case you're wondering what the boss felt about all of this, the photo you're looking at is the one he took. I asked him to e-mail it to me so that I could show you all out there.

Did I mention that I work with some interestingly weird people?

----------

I need to get back to work (I took an early lunch. I was hungry, and my sandwich was calling out to me), so I'll just quickly add to my I Don't Care Olympic semi-rant from yesterday:

I don't care about Men's Hockey.

Don't get me wrong -- I like hockey. I just don't care about a bunch of overpaid professionals deciding to go slumming for a couple of weeks and pretending that they're a national team. I know that the line between amateur and professional athletes has been blurred for years, but somehow it all comes to a head for me in hockey. Especially when you get the media saying stupid things like Team Canada finally has its first game!!! as though Team Canada (underpaid but extremely talented women's version) hasn't already been winning for a bit.

And I find it boggling that bars in places like Edmonton have been given permission to open at 8 am  (8 flipping am. Eight in the morning. Seriously.) just so that people can drink and watch hockey.

Uh huh. Enjoy that beer. I'll be over here watching crazy people throw themselves head first down an icy trough.

It tends to be more entertaining.

And they're certainly not overpaid.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

I watched the ski competitions until I saw someone crash. Then, that was enough for me. I only watch the ice skating singles and couples. Just curious, do you ever go anywhere on vacation. You should.

Related Posts with Thumbnails