Friday 21 February 2014

Pointless photos of the day:

Today in pointless photo land we have before and after pictures of the same sprig of Twining Honeysuckle.

Personally, I prefer before.

I prefer it even more considering that we're supposed to be heading back into the deep freeze (oh. yay.) and as my two fans know that keeps me indoors for a bit.

In other words, it's the disappearing act for the weekend again, but this time I have an excuse other than not particularly wanting to get to a computer.

I will eventually get a computer at home. At some point. Look, I know that I won't be able to stay unconnected forever, the way the world's going. I'm just not in that much of a hurry to invite the world in with me every. single. place. I. go. And even when that computer or smartphone or both (sigh) happens, don't expect me to suddenly be the social media queen. You people don't need to know what goes on in my life every moment, and I'd actually find it creepy if you wanted to.

Just saying. And mini-rant over. Not sure where it came from, really. Probably the newsletter.

Yeah, it's newsletter editing time again, and that always sets me off because it's a job I hate. I know you hear this every quarter, but waiting for people to get their stuff in, trying to make sense of that stuff, and then playing stupid Publisher games isn't exactly what I signed up for.

Ah well.

So what else? I've complained about the cold, I've complained about computers in modern society, and I've complained about work. I should end with a non-complaint, I suppose, since this post will be at the top for at least the weekend and possibly longer.

Um...

I'm thinking, I'm thinking.

Well, congrats to the gold medal winners du jour, of course. I got a chance to see the end of the curling before I left for work, but I'll have to wait until tonight's replay to see the skiing.

I should probably get back to work now.

See you when the weather makes it likely.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

Me thinks a vacation is in order. I have been aol myself. No one seems to read my blog so I kind of quite updating. But, we are about to head back to cold weather and our real house in North Carolina so thought I would update. Never leave your house for 4 months below freezing temps. We had pipes to fix out side when we go back. And we winterized, wrapped, insulated, put non toxic anti freeze in all traps and toilets. But I guess we should have paid more attention to the insulation in the well house. It's been nice here. Two trips to the ocean which is always nice. But I am ready to be in my own bed. My own yard. And get away from sand and mosquitoes. Spring is around the corner. I hope

Related Posts with Thumbnails