Saturday 26 November 2011

Augh

Not to be disgusting, but you know you've coughed too much when you start tasting blood.

And before any of my two fans start to panic and think that I'll either be guest-starring in an Italian opera or on an episode of House, not much blood. Little flecks. Just enough to tell me that the past few days have been pretty violent on my poor throat, that's all.

Like I didn't know that already, what with the screwed-up voice and all, but whatever.

Yeah, this current round of admittedly-minor-but-very-annoying illness has definitely hit old by now. That, plus the headache (and gee? Do you suppose that might have something to do with being kept up at night by -- I dunno -- coughing, maybe?), hasn't exactly made me enthusiastic about blathering today.

Ah well. Could be worse, as I just found while searching the Mayo Clinic site for bloody sputum. Only out of curiosity, you understand. I know full well that I just have a cruddy throat and nothing more than that. It's easy to see, though, how the internet feeds hypochondriacs. Geez. If you have any susceptibility at all to being convinced that you're dying from something minor, the internet can go a looong way towards helping you run with that thought. Doctors must really hate our current culture of electronic diagnoses.

Anyway. Sadly, this is all I have at the moment to blather about. I'll try for something a bit more substantial (and a lot less gross) tomorrow, assuming that I have at least a slightly better night's sleep than I have the past couple.

Later, all.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

Let me just silence any hypochondriacs right now. I had throat cancer. There was never a symptom. Nada. Nothing. Long story. Thanks to my dental hygienist it was caught very early. Blood is not a first symptom. Loss of weight is actually the first one. I posted a gorgeous picture of my autumn color right across the street from my house on my blog. Of course now, no leaves, and dismal looking. Waiting for my snow fix. I love snow. I know, I'm making you sick. I'll quietly back away now. (off to find a sled, or tobogan. http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/509635?qs=3006381_pmd_google

I think maybe the flyer sled will do fine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails