Thursday 3 November 2011

Weird things that are happening in my life

1. I'm getting most of my news -- especially breaking news -- from our work Twitter feeds. Twitter. Seriously? Seriously. At least I can say that the news is coming from actual news feeds...

2. I'm old enough now that my reaction when hearing that a former colleague is celebrating the birth of her first grandchild wasn't "oh how great for her" or anything like that. No, it was WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING, BEING OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE GRANDCHILDREN?

3. I slept for six and a half hours last night. That never happens. Well, except for last night, apparently.

4. I got excited by the fact that my new car has automatic headlights. I, um, never get excited about cars at all, and now I'm excited that I don't have to flick a switch? Someone needs to have her priorities examined.

The new car, by the way, still doesn't have a name. Maybe it'll grow into one? My dad suggested one based on the name of the dealership since that's how Dirty Moe got its name. Sounds a bit forced, though.

5. I'm actually pondering my new car's name.

6. I chose wasabi peas (mmm. Wasabi peas) over actual lunch simply because I was too lazy to go get actual lunch.

Oh, wait. That one's not so much weird as it is normal lately. And I suppose that's weird in itself right there. And on that weirdly moebius-strip moment (look it up if you don't know. Then make a few. They're kind of fun), I think I should probably get back to work already.



That part? Not really weird. I often should get back to work...

1 comment:

lizzyol said...

I love my automatic headlights too! I get annoyed when I drive Mike's car because I have to remember to turn the headlights on. His car also doesn't have a thermometer which is equally annoying.

Related Posts with Thumbnails