Tuesday 29 November 2011

Something I only just learned

Did you know that NeoCitran is a Canadian thing? I didn't, until just now.

I was about to mention how much I'd like to toss back a NeoCitran at the moment and just fade off into an antihistamine-induced fog for a bit (and likely will, as soon as I get home from work. The cold's coming along just swimmingly, thanks), when it occurred to me that I said something about NeoCitran on a forum years ago and was met with an almost-universal reacton of NeoWhat?

Except from the Canadians, of course, but now I know why. It's a Canadian thing. Apparently you folks in the States go into TheraFlu comas instead, and in Europe... hmmm. Gimme a sec. Does Lemsip sound right? It's what Wikipedia's telling me, anyway.

It's kind of a funny thing to me, in a way. We start to assume that the world's becoming a homogenised thing via the internet and, well, interconnectedness in general, but we still live in very different places. I'm not about to go into a whole retail comparison here (don't have the head for it, anyway. See above re: NeoCitran. My sinuses are killing me right now), but I will tell you that if I say Smarties I can guarantee you that the Americans amongst my two fans will be picturing a very different thing than the Canadians or Brits will.

And hands up all who even know what I mean by Ribena (no points awarded to UK participants. Too easy). Hey, it's a staple at my place. Way better than those powdered water-additives, as long as you don't mix it kid-syrupy-sweet.

And for those of you who do know what Ribena is... shush. I'm allowed to like Ribena. At least it has vitamin C.

Anyway. This has nothing to do with anything, and just shows where my head is. I'm going home in a while to curl up in a blanket and watch whatever stupid television programs I recorded yesterday. Sounds perfectly mindless, and I mean that in a good way.



I wonder if Ribena goes with NeoCitran?

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

Lemsip. Tried it. Hate it. My son came home from England with it. The going thing here now is zicam. Supposed to shorten the duration. I have my doubts. I just continue to take two teaspoons of elderberry extract per day and if I feel a scratchy throat I up it to four a day for two days. But even so I have had two colds this year. One last spring and one just weeks ago. I sure miss our four corners gang. I see them on Facebook. Well, Henwhen, Silent Angel, and at least four or five others whose 4 corners names escape me. but it's not the same as that lovely forum we had. Brrr. It's cold as you know what up here in Franklin. No snow yet except a few flurries. Can I just say right now. I LOVE IT!! My husband not so much. He is ready to move back to florida.

Related Posts with Thumbnails