Tuesday 22 November 2011

So...

To recap the past... geez, is it really a week:? Ok, the past week then:

- I had a birthday surprise. You're not getting any details.
- We had winter. I didn't get outside for a few days, got p.o'd about the whole thing, and watched way too much Silent Library. And no, I'm not proud of that last bit.
- I lost my voice. This sucks.

You know, I think that even if you're a fairly quiet person you'll have a tendency to want to talk to people when you finally get out after a few days of being housebound. When you finally get out after a few days of being housebound and attempting to hack up a lung, you end up getting TOTALLY FREAKING FRUSTRATED that your throat doesn't want to work. My life is allllll about the Strepsils at the moment. Good thing that I'm not programming, I guess. I'd have to do it at a whisper.

Which, I suppose, would at least amuse the kids.

One of the things that bugs me the most about having a screwed-up throat -- and I say this pretty much every time it happens, so bear with the reruns -- is that it reminds me just how often I sing. I mean, I sing all the time. I sing instead of mumbling. I try not to sing in the office, especially if Wheat's in (seems only polite to make it less like he shares the office with a malfunctioning radio), but even with that I apparently sing when I'm doing manual tasks like sharpening pencils or photocopying. I say apparently because i don't really realise it... until I open my mouth and all that comes out is a squeak.

Like, for example, today.

Ah well. Throat lozenges today (partly to remind myself to shut up as much as possible), tonight hopefully a little less coughing, and tomorrow?

Well, I'm not going to push it.

And I'll try my best just to hum...



dammit.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails