Thursday 6 September 2012

More sleep weirdness

I probably could just re-title this blog Sleep Weirdness and have done with it, yeah.

Anyway, this time around it was sleep at unusual times. I was in the middle of what I thought was going to be yet another of my mostly-sleepless nights. I was watching Letterman, which for us comes on at 12:35 am. I remember listening to the band (and wondering why they didn't just stay gone. Not that I find them offensive or anything; only bland). It was about 1:35ish, I'd say.

Then it was ten to nine.

Yes, that's right. 8:50 am.

Apparently my brain decided that it might be a better idea after all to get some sleep. Yay, right? Well, except for one thing.

I'm generally at work by nine.

Ah well. One quick text to Wheat saying that I'd be there eventually, one rather lame attempt to get my sorry butt in gear (where does that phrase even come from, anyway? Did butts ever really have gears? I'd think that'd be painful), and I did make it in a little after ten. Pretty much completely disoriented, yes, but I made it.

Which, incidentally, is why this blather is going to be short. I need to get back to work.

I wonder if this little escapade means that I'm in for another sleep change. It was after a bad bout of insomnia years ago that my stupid brain decided to fix things by switching me from being a nightowl to a morning person, after all (boo on that decision, by the way. I used to love my nights). Maybe stupid brain is finally considering sleeping like a normal human being.

I'd be all right with that.

Back to work now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails