Tuesday 25 September 2012

What's on your fingers today, Dee?

That's right, a ladybird.

Oh no, wait. The ladybirds are in my earlobes. That's ok, though. I only put them there to entertain the Grade One kids I'll be seeing this afternoon.

What's on my fingers are a couple of Black Hills Gold rings that belonged to my grandmother. I've talked about them (briefly) before. Leaf patterns. Leaves, ladybirds... I just thought I'd go with the whole Fall theme today, I suppose.

Hands up everyone who figured out even before the end of the post title that I don't have any blather today?

Yep.

Actually, I'm really only posting to say that posting will likely be pretty thin this week since I'm pretty busy with programs. And I skipped last weekend because I wasn't near a computer. One of these days I guess I'll have to figure out how to do this telepathically, but until then...

Well, at least you're getting a ladybird out of all this.



I suppose I could make mention of the fact that soon enough you won't be hearing pointless chatter about the rings I'm wearing today, because I won't be wearing rings. Rings + cold weather really don't work for Yours Urticarially, unfortunately.

And now I need to explain that, for those new to the program.

Did you know that some weird people in the world are allergic to the weather? Well, allergic isn't precisely the right word for it, but it's the easiest one for people to understand. I get what's called Cold-Induced Urticaria, which is a fancy way of saying that when it gets cold I get hives. Yes, really. If it's a mild reaction I just get an itchy rash, but if it's more serious I can swell up pretty badly and have my blood pressure go down.

That's as much fun as you can imagine.

Anyway, if you want to know more I'll leave you to google it for yourselves. All that's really important for the pseudosubject of this post is that since I never know when I might react badly enough to have my hands swell, it's just easiest to leave off wearing rings for the winter.

And it's a little depressing to think how soon it will be that the answer to what's on your hands today, Dee? will be nothing but hand lotion and gloves.

And with that happy thought, back to work for me. Again, sorry if there's not too much more to see here this week.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

You should live in Florida or Arizona. No winter. getting 28 fresh eggs per week. Help.

Related Posts with Thumbnails