Tuesday 4 September 2012

Here I am...

And here's an apple.

Um, the end?

Ok, sorry for the unexpected disappearance. I'd tell you what happened, but you'd just start to wonder if I should be allowed to use things like chairs and scissors.

Scissors weren't involved, by the way. Chairs, on the other hand...

Oh, I'll leave it to your imagination. Suffice to say that I had a pretty strange last week, and I currently have an interesting limp.

And let's move on.

My sleep's been a little erratic the past few days (not unusual for me, I think my two fans will already know), and it's led to a couple of weird things. Like dreams, for instance. Now, of course I know that I dream anyway, but I very rarely remember my dreams. I've mentioned this before, but I think it's sort of a self-protection thing from back when I used to have freakishly scary dreams as a kid. The brain finally got to the point where it said fine. You're going to insist on doing that to yourself? Then I'll just turn off the memory function until you smarten up.

Or something like that, anyway. The point is that to this day I find it a bit odd when I wake up remembering a dream.

I did this morning, though. And it was a doozy.

You know those prescription "sleep aids" (as they euphemistically call them in the commercials) that occasionally have the side effect of sleep walking or even sleep driving? Well, I'm not on any of those, but last night I had such a vivid dream of sleep driving that I was almost certain that my car wouldn't be there this morning when I went down to the parking lot. It was only a dream, though. Either that or I'm an amazingly good sleep driver, even to the point of parking the exact same way that I did when I drove the car last.

Realistic dreams always kind of freak me out, though. Have you ever had the one where you dream that your alarm goes off (and that should really tip me off that it's a dream right there. Since my brain decided to be up at stupid o'clock I almost never need to use an alarm these days) and you go through a very mundane work day only to have your REAL alarm go off? And then you didn't even get to do anything fun in the dream like accidentally show up naked?

Erm... just me, then? Oh, all right.

Anyway, I should get back to actual, non-dream work. Or at least I'm assuming that it's not a dream. And since I really need to not be breaking into pseudophilosophy just at the moment, we're going to roll with the assumption, ok?

Ok.

One last and completely unrelated thing, though. This is kind of intriguing. What names would you decide on for those colours? I'm not sure I'm creative enough, really. Wouldn't they have got bored awfully quickly with answers like blue. Lighter blue. Darker blue. Even darker blue...

And I wouldn't even get to accidentally show up naked...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails