Tuesday 28 August 2012

More pointless filters

Ah, digital photography. How else would I be able to take a run-of-the-mill photograph and make it look as though it was taken with a cheap Soviet camera?

Maybe by using a cheap Soviet camera? Although I guess that they're made in China these days, aren't they.

Ok, to be honest the main reason this particular shot got run through the fake-lomo grinder is that I didn't like the way the spider web was hidden in the normal colour view. That led to playing with sepia and black and white, which didn't quite do it for me. That in turn led to excursions in saturation and other exciting effects which just made things worse, and that, eventually, led to the Lomo filter. And there it stayed, because by then things were getting silly.

For anyone who hasn't been a long-time devotee of the blather (and no, I don't honestly believe that the blather has devotees. I sniggered as I typed that), when I start to get bored with my photographs for whatever reason -- whether it's just that they're bad or boring or too many on the same subject or THINGS ARE STARTING TO LOOK TOO MUCH LIKE FALL sigh -- I start to play. I don't play with any aim in mind. I'm not looking for artistry or trying to make you see things differently (ok, maybe occasionally trying to make you see things differently); I'm just trying not to be bored.

Short attention span here, remember?

Ah well, be that as it may. I got too busy with a few other things this morning to think of a real blather, so this'll have to do. For anyone with a spare half hour on their hands (or brain, if your hands are the ones busy with other things) who wants to know one of the other things I was doing, I was revisiting this video (part two here; part three here). Nearly ten years old now, but still worth a watch. Especially when you consider that he would have no idea he'd be spending eight years as a cranky American doctor.

Ah, television. We could have intelligent and funny stuff like the links above, or we could have Real Housewives and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo (did I get that one right? Is there really a show called Here Comes Honey Boo Boo?). And we chose...?

Sigh.





I've been sighing a lot lately, it seems.

Probably means that there's a fair bit to sigh about.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

I am always shocked at how well he does an American accent when I hear his British accent. Why do they have to add numbers to this robot thing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails