Saturday 11 August 2012

Holding down the fort

I have no idea what this post is going to be. Not that different from any other post here, really, but I just thought that I should warn people that I'll be typing mostly off the top of my head here.

I'm still at my father's place, and rapidly gaining too-many-stairs knee. I guess I should be planning my trips to the basement (home of this computer and my temporary bedroom. The house is still a bit on the warm side to be sleeping upstairs) a little more carefully, since the bad knee is really starting to make itself known. Ah well. Not a whole heck of a lot I can do about it at this point.

The cat? Mostly ignores me, so I know where I rate in his world. I suspected. He's such a daddy's cat that it isn't even funny. Oh, he'll ask me for treats or the occasional rubdown, and if I'm on the couch he'll make sure he's up top on his blanket, but other than that he's just been going about his daily business. He doesn't even ask me too often if he can go out, which is sort of amusing. He's always pestering Dad about it, but me? Not so much. This cat assigns jobs, you see. I'm for treats and belly rubs; Dad's for sleeping with and asking to go outside. Personally, I think that Max is still amazed that I know enough to feed him and clean the litter box.

At least he's secure in the fact that someone's around. The day Dad left for the airport, I left shortly afterward to spend a few hours at the workplace. When I got back I definitely had a small shadow for a while. I think I gave him a bit of a panic by taking off.

Let's see, what else? Well, I should get a few groceries since I still haven't done that (haven't been out much, to tell the truth. Even yesterday's trip into the city didn't happen. Funny how that works when you go to bed at ten, wake up at midnight, and don't get back to sleep at all. I didn't think that I could be trusted on the highway, to be honest). I also need to get some work done, and oddly enough I think I'll have more success at it if I do it here rather than heading to the office. Aaand I really need to do some drawing, for work or just for me. Getting lazy about that, and I shouldn't be letting frustration at the shakiness of my stupid wrist get in the way of practicing.

Sounds like a full day, really. I wonder how much of it will actually happen?

I think that's about it for now. Congrats to any of our recent medallists that I haven't mentioned. My brain made up for yesterday's lack of sleep by letting me sleep in until 6:30 (Shock! Amazement! Yay me!), so I missed the bronze in the K1 200m. Hooray for men in boats, though. Women in boats? Sorry ladies, but you seem to have a bit of catching up to do at the moment.

I'm going to have some lunch now. You needed to know that.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails