Thursday 2 August 2012

Type here

Honestly? The post title's a placeholder I use sometimes. I think it'll stay today, just because I have no idea what the blather's going to be. That's what happens when I get busy working at work, you see. Somehow I just get too distracted to come up with essay topics.

Hey, the topics here may be inane (or even insane, I suppose), but technically the blather sometimes does become an essay.

So, what to talk about? I suppose I could tell you what's been going on with the work day, but now that I stop to think about it the whole thing's going to sound like one of those you get paid for that? moments that happens so often in my interpretive life. Amongst other things, I've tweeted, I've "previewed" some nature games on a website (read that as: I played computer games), I did an old word find that we no longer had the answer for to make sure that the answer was both appropriate and... well, appropriate in more than one sense, let's say, and then I remade the word find on the computer since the original had been had done by hand back in the Nature Centre Dark Ages.

I've done more than that, naturally, but the above sort of makes it look like I'm a five-year-old pretending to work as an interpreter. Ah well, a little bit later I'll be throwing crickets at salamanders, and...

Hmm. Still a five-year-old, then.

In other news, it was nice to see the Ladies Eight get their medal this morning (yeah, I was up watching rowing at Stupid O'Clock again. At least the Olympics is giving me something to do when I've given up on sleeping), and the Men's C2 Whitewater competition was pretty amazing. Gold and silver for the home teams is kind of neat to see.

I was talking to my father last night, and he can't really figure out why I'm into the rowing and paddling events. That's all right; I can't either. The best I could come up with is that maybe I like people in boats?

Ok, in all honesty when it comes to the flatwater events I'm sort of fascinated by the combination of strength and strategy. And as for the whitewater, it's very definitely the wow factor. As in: wow, I could never even attempt that. Ever.

Ok, there's a post. I'll leave you with the reason for the pair of grape leaf photos, then. I was taking a shot of the front side (the top, here) because I liked the way the backlighting brought out the leaf textures. Then I noticed an odd spot and looked to the back of the leaves to find... THE SURPRISE SPIDER!

Always a good thing, a surprise spider. I haven't had nearly enough spider pictures these past couple of summers.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails