Monday 13 August 2012

Talking with the cat

Today's pointless photo is not of the cat.

Actually, today's pointless photo isn't even the one I thought I'd chosen to use. Must've had a slip with the mouse, I guess. Ah well. I'm willing to go with it.

Another draggy day for me, I'm afraid. I'd thought at first that a quiet, cool basement might do the trick to help me get onto an honest to god regular sleep pattern, but apparently that's not the case. Either that, or my brain doesn't want me to get used to feeling rested just in time to head back to my place tomorrow.

Stupid brain.

Anyway, the Cat Who Is Not Pictured. He and I have been having quite the chatty time lately, which is funny. You see, Max was always the less talkative of the two cats, but now that Penny's gone it's like he's taken it upon himself to fill the void somewhat.

I don't think he quite gets how that goes, though.

He's taken up squeaking, mostly.

Over the past few months he's developed a special I want outside voice, amongst other things. He used to have a very typical annoyed cat howl when the silly humans didn't seem to notice that the cat wanted out (I should say here that he's only allowed out on harness, so getting to go outside takes a bit of convincing on his part). Now? He squeaks. He'll stand at the doorway, look at you, and then do his best the cat wants out sooo badly that he's developed a sudden case of feline laryngitis impression.

It's kind of weird.

But then, so's the cat.

The cat, by the way, will probably NOT get outside today, and will DEFINITELY not get outside tomorrow. Poor cat. Yet another reason why he'll probably be out of his mind happy when my dad opens the door tomorrow evening. I'm ok company (and yes, Max has kept up with the OMG you'd better not leave again attitude he's had since I got groceries a couple of days ago. It's amusing), but I'm just not Dad.

 There's just not a whole heck of a lot that a not-dad can do about that, Max.



Well, one more day of this for me, and then it's back to the probably pathetic-looking plants on my balcony, back to the office, and likely back to more sporadic blog posts depending on what I find waiting for me at the Nature Centre.

At least there are no squeaking cats there.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails