Monday 27 August 2012

Chapter 1631: Wherein Dee is mildly depressed

Only mildly, mind. It's just that it occurred to me as I was editing the photos I took in Dad's yard yesterday that they could best be classed as FALL photos.

Sigh. It's too soon.

You'll be seeing those shots in the coming days, but I can't face it yet. So... you're going to have to put up with a pointless photo of my rings instead, which I adulterated with filters to the point where it now looks like a particularly bad instagram shot.

Ah well. Ignore that. And ignore the guest appearance by my bare foot in the background as well.





You can't now, can you?

I got bored the other day when I was in bed trying to get past that cold (feeling much better now, thanks), so I had a bit of a five-year-old moment and decided to play dress-up with my motley assortment of accumulated rings. Why? I did say I was bored, right? Anyway, I occasionally refer to these things in blog posts when I wear them to work, so I figured that if anyone wanted a mental reference (and if so, why?) I'd post a picture to give the idea. Oh, and to avoid more bad at-work shots from the 3DS. You're welcome.

Aaaaanyway. Again. Here's the rundown of what you're seeing on my extremely unphotogenic hand:

Index: the infamous 80s silver cat ring, and the nail I mentioned the other day. See? I wasn't kidding about the nail.

Middle: My high school ring (the "stone"? Mother of pearl. I refused to pay money for a simulated birthstone when my birthstone isn't expensive in the first place), a signet ring that my parents gave me on my 16th birthday (the engraving is almost totally faded out now), my university ring (Green and gold, Quacumque vera... um, sorry. I was in the Mixed Chorus. I'm one of the comparative handful these days who knows the Cheer Song), my grandma's topaz (lots of November birthdays in my family), and a Black Hills Gold ring of the same grandma's that I imagine my uncle bought for her.

Ring (finger, that is): a pearl ring of my mother's (the pearl's so worn, though, that it'd have to be replaced if I ever wanted to wear it), two gold bands from my grandma (I'm pretty sure that one of them is her wedding ring, but I couldn't tell you which), my grandma's blue topaz (all the same grandma, yes. She had a few rings), and my mother's aquamarine that I've posted about before. I've been wearing it a fair bit. I kind of like it.

Pinkie: a tiny tiger's eye ring (I've had it since I was a kid. My brother had one too, if I remember right. I occasionally wear it on a chain these days), another Black Hills Gold ring (yes, same grandma), and, mostly hidden, the plain silver ring that I generally wear every day.

Isn't this exciting, boys and girls?

Of the rings, I'd say that maybe a third get worn on a regular or semi-regular basis, another... oh, maybe three get put on occasionally, and a couple come out on weird mood days. The rest? Drawer fodder.

Or blog fodder, I guess. I'll try to come up with something better tomorrow. Accompanied by a sigh fall photo, probably...

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

I have been trying to comment. But comments seem to be broken. Fall cometh early me think.

Related Posts with Thumbnails