Monday 10 December 2012

There were words here yesterday

There were. I saw them. There was an actual, blathery post on the blog yesterday.

I don't think that there will be today.

It's been one of those mornings where I've just been fooling around catching up with some of the internet nonsense I didn't have time to keep track of during the week, and somehow or other all of the silliness made whatever thoughts I had about a post vanish.

I did have thoughts, you know. Or at least I thought that I had thoughts.

You'll notice, by the way, that we're back to old photos from last spring again. I just can't bring myself to go outside and take pictures of snow. It'll happen eventually, but for now I think I'll just stick to my stock of happy memories of warmer days past.

I suppose after my morning's internet travels I could make a quick yet again comment on the subject of black blogs. Black or dark backgrounds with light type, I mean. My two fans will have heard this from me before, but for those new to the program I'll just say that I really wish that people would stop doing black blogs. Sure, they may look good from a stylistic point of view, but for a large part of the population they can become almost unreadable. For me, with my myopia and astigmatism, the after-images I get after trying to concentrate on a black blog for any length of time are more than just distracting. They're almost headache-inducing. There's more than one black blog I follow because I really like the content, but I dread seeing long posts appear when I click on their updates. And there are plenty of wordy posts out there that I just haven't bothered to struggle through for very long because of blackblogitis.

It makes me a little sad, honestly, when I don't get to read your thoughts because I can't handle your design choices.



Ah well. None of this really matters to the people who have black blogs, so I don't know why I keep going on about it. I guess this is enough post for today. Happy Ada Lovelace's birthday, everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails