Monday 21 April 2014

Look! Look! Look!

I took this photo yesterday. Yes, yesterday. And it's not even plastic...

Gives me a slight flicker of hope that maybe at some point before October we might even see a little bit of spring.

Maybe.

----------

And in other news, my father's monitor screen is very dirty, and it's kind of driving me nuts. I've done the best I can to clean it a bit, but his container of electronic equipment wipes has nearly dried out so it isn't the easiest job in the world.

I'd imagine that it's just another manifestation of my life as an olf, but dirty screens really annoy me. There's no reason for a screen to be actively dirty, as opposed to dusty. And -- and pay attention here -- there is NO REASON for you to have your fingers on a screen if it's not a touch screen. Absolutely no reason.

Especially if it's my screen.

Um, get a feeling that it's a bit of an issue with me? Well, it's not. It's a lot of an issue with me.

If you want to get a nasty stare from me at work, go ahead and touch my screen while we're discussing something. I will get out the wipes, even if it means going to another room to find them. And why is this such a problem? Well, first of all I hate scrolling down a page and seeing things that aren't moving. It's very distracting. Kind of like having a bug crawling around the screen while you're trying to set out a document. Second, since I know how much I hate a dirty screen, if my screen's dirty I know someone else has had a hand in it. Not that I'm overly protective of my equipment and space; far from it. People are more than welcome to use my workspace when I'm not there, especially since I'm only part-time and the space is empty a fair bit. Just please don't touch my screen, ok?

I guess I just don't understand why people do that. If we're talking about something that's on the screen, isn't it enough to point towards the screen? It's enough for me. My eyes are going to be directed to where you're pointing even if your finger isn't physically distorting the surface of the flatscreen. Really, I'll see where you mean without the fingerprints.

All well, everyone has their things. I just seem to have one or two too many some days.



That'll be it for now. I suppose since I'm feeling somewhat better today I really should do my taxes. And no, I'm not late. For any of my two fans who are American, tax deadline in Canada is the 30th, not the 15th. And because of the recent computer shenanigans, it's been extended to the... 5th, I think, this year. So maybe I don't have to do my taxes right this moment...





Nah, that's too easy an argument. Just do them and get them done, Dee.

And don't touch your father's screen.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails