Sunday 20 April 2014

So that sucks

First, I will try to get a few newer photos this afternoon. It's kind of breezy out there at the moment, though, so I hope everyone likes fuzzy.

And now I suppose I should explain the post title, right? Well, I'll try not to be too moany but it hasn't been the best few days. Nothing major, don't worry about that. I'm just in moany  mood.

First off, do you know when it's not a good time to have a plumbing issue in an apartment whose management company is notorious for putting off repairs (as in, I once spent three months -- MONTHS -- with a broken light switch in my bathroom)? How about the day before a four-day weekend? Yep. Wednesday night I noticed distinct dripping from the valve handle of my toilet. Turns out it was dripping alllll the way down the intake line. Fan-effing-tastic. Immediate change in my weekend plans, because I was figuring on having to spend my time bailing my bathroom until Tuesday. Still, ever hopeful, I made the call to the caretaker first thing Thursday. Got the answering machine, of course. Waited all day for a phone call back. Nothing. Got home from work expecting my bucket to be full... and died of shock.

Ok, so not quite died. But still. To see a dry bucket and a new line and valve connected up? I wondered if I was still living in the same place.

Weekend saved, right?

Not quite. I realised I had work to do on Saturday, so I gave Dad a call to let him know that I wouldn't be in until Saturday before supper. No problem. Turkey (we don't generally do our big meal on the actual holiday day) should be ready about six. Ok then.

Except that I felt kind of blah on Friday. And then I felt more than blah on Saturday. Did a little work at home, but never made it to the centre. It took me until after four to convince myself to drive into town, and it wasn't a pleasant experience even then. And supper? Oh yeah, that was a fantastic idea. Got through about half a plate before I just couldn't do more, and then spent the rest of the evening wondering if things would even stay down.

They did, in case anyone wondered. But again, not a pleasant experience.

Today? I'm pretty tired because I didn't sleep worth crap, but what food I've tried has sat better. Twenty-four hour bug, I'm guessing, but such fantastic timing. Once I'm done with this I'll see if I can finish last night's dinner (which went into the fridge plate and all yesterday. Couldn't even be bothered to put it in a container) and then we'll see how we go from there.

And this is way more than you needed to hear about anything. At least it's words, though. I'm sure you noticed the lack of them this week. No real reason except laziness and moaniness.



Is too a word, spell check. Or at least it is for the moment. Later, all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails