Tuesday 13 May 2014

Dogsitting

This isn't a picture of the dog. I'm too lazy -- and, frankly, too tired -- to get out the camera.

I am dogsitting at the moment, though. Arthur (who seems to be defaulting to Doofus for me. I'm physically incapable of calling a pet by its name, I'm thinking) and I are hanging out while Wheat's doing some programming.

It's a funny thing, the way this dog reacts to me compared to Wheat. He's a puppy so obviously there's the whole puppy energy thing going on, but when he and I are alone in the office nine times out of ten he'll just go to sleep. Wheat says they've noticed it with other people too. Apparently in Arthur's world men are for playing with and women are for curling up next to.

It's a bit of an oddity, but he and I are perfectly happy with it until someone comes in and riles things up. I personally don't see the sense in taking a calm dog and getting him all worked up, but plenty of people seem to think that's what you have to do with puppies.

I'm not one of them, I guess.

Arthur's currently trying to bite the squeaky head off of his toy raccoon, if anyone wondered. So much for nap time, then. Time for lunch for me anyway.



And yeah, eventually I'll get out and take some new pictures.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails