Tuesday 21 October 2014

Pointless something whatever of the day:

Yeah, I'm that tired.

If you'd called me at 2 am (which would have been a neat trick since my phone wasn't on) you would have found me reading Wuthering Heights. And again at 3 am.

I don't even like Wuthering Heights. I was trying to bore myself to sleep.

By 4 am I just gave up and watched my Craig Ferguson recording. Sort of. I stared vaguely into space and the recording played.

To top it all off, we had a notice to be out of the parking lot by 8 am today for maintenance, whatever that means. Probably just leaf sweeping since I don't think that there are any lines that need painting. Either way, it means the inconvenience of fighting three buildings' worth of cars from the apartment complex trying to find space to park on the street, or leaving an hour earlier than I normally do.

So I left the apartment at 7:45...



Sigh. You have basically two choices when you have to leave an hour early if you're me. You can either wander around one of the early-opening grocery stores pretending that you have an hour's worth of shopping to do, or you can go to a fast food place and pretend that you have an hour's worth of sitting to do while you dawdle over some variety of egg sandwich. I didn't manage that part so well today, to be honest. Between the homeless people and the retirees, the place was packed. I only lasted about twenty minutes before I just had to get out of the noise.

And sit in my car.



Yes, seriously. It was a fantastic morning.

Ah well, enough whining for today. And hopefully some sleep tonight. At the moment I'm just considering it an absolute triumph that I managed to NOT get my fruit salad mixed up with my hummus at lunch. And that I remembered to put on pants before I left the apartment.

Pants. Always a good thing.





I think that I'll stop typing now, if that's ok with everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails