Thursday 25 October 2012

Oops

Had the work camera out for something else. Totally forgot to take a picture of Alan the pumpkin. Everything's put away again now. Sorry, Alan. Lost your chance to shine again.

I'm probably not going to be terribly blatherful today (what? Already? Oh, keep reading. There's an excuse). The fact is, I'm not feeling all that wonderful, and it's my fault. Or work's fault. Maybe we can split the difference?

I was outside on the trails for a bit this morning with the camera looking for blogworthy things to take photos of (which subset, apparently, doesn't include pumpkins on desks). We've been a little lax on blogging for work these days because twitter is so much faster, and I thought I'd better do something about that. The problem is, with the windchill it was about -10C or so out there while I was walking.

And all the true Canadians out there are now saying So what.

And all the people with cold-induced urticaria out there are now saying Geez. Are you ok?

See, the problem with being allergic to the cold is that early season is tough. Your body's had no chance at all to acclimatise, and any reaction you have is going be sooner and more severe than it might be later on in the winter. So, yeah. By the time I got back I could tell I'd reacted, and by the time I got back into the office I was puffy. Um, I should say at this point that for me, anyway, the full rash doesn't come out until I start warming up. It wasn't horrible today, but it was enough that I currently have the lousy feeling I generally get when I'm coming off a reaction.

Yay bodily stupidity.

And yay stupid people who decide to go out for a walk when they know they really shouldn't.

Even if it was for work.





Yay work.
Yay cold.
Yay stop typing...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails