Saturday 27 October 2012

Pointless photo - I forgot to blog version - of the day:

I really need to take some new photos. It's going to be a hard sell, though: my two fans know how much I love winter, and everything out there already looks like winter thanks to this week's snowfall. Ah well, it could be much, much, worse. To all those who are currently bracing themselves for Frankenstorm, I can't even imagine what you must be going through.

Got a late start to my day, for some reason. Oh, I was awake at the usual time (for those new to the program, that would be stupid o'clock in the morning), but after I got up and went to the bathroom I went back to bed and more or less just sat there until eight. That's weird for me, to just stay in bed doing nothing but thinking. I did service the cat at one point, of course (you can't stay in bed that long without having to service the cat), but other than that there was no reason to suddenly look at the clock and realise that on a normal Saturday I'd already have the laundry started by that time.

Ah well. No harm to it. And what was I thinking about? Lots of things (that's a lot of time to just be in the bed thinking), but nothing really worth blogging about.

So what's the topic of the day, then? Damned if I know. I suppose we could talk phones for a few minutes before my stomach decides that lunch has been delayed too long already.

I've been doing a bit of phone shopping this morning, believe it or not. I say believe it or not because most of you know by now that I'm still wandering around with the same five (or probably closer to six by now) year old cell phone while the smartphone world passes me by. There are a few reasons for this; number one being that I'm currently not on contract with my provider, and I want to make sure that I know what I want before I sign on with anyone else (or even the same provider, for that matter). Number two would be that my cell phone is my only phone, and my trusty old Motorola has been extremely dependable. I'm a little leery of giving that up for the world of flashy-but-how-often-will-I-break-it touchscreens. Still, I have to admit that with the way the world is working these days I miss having a phone that does more than phone, text, and take really crappy low-quality pictures.

At the same time, I'm a bit worried about the phone part of the phone. My current phone is a phone first. From what I've heard of the sound quality of calls from some of my smartphone-using friends, a lot of smartphones aren't. That would be a problem for someone without a land line, you know.

Well, we'll see. Maybe I'll do a bit of handset browsing at Compare Cellular later (handy site, that, by the way) to check the reviews. It'll help a bit. In the meantime, lunch really is beckoning. This counts as a post, right? I'm trying my best to ease back into the blather...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails