Saturday 6 October 2012

Pointless frustration of the day:

Some stupid woman needs to remember to wear a smock while painting. Pulled one of my shirts out of the washer this morning and surprise! Speckles of red, blue, and yellow. I mean, sure, it was just a tank that I'd been using as a pyjama top, but still. Primaries on Lime Green Tank Top will NOT be entered in the staff art show.

----------

Not-so-big points to anyone who guessed that today's pointless photo isn't a recent one. Good luck finding anything flowering in the yard at the moment. We had a couple of hard frosts this past week, and as a result I'm going to have trouble finding even colourful leaves to take photos of this afternoon. Yep, we've already entered the wonderfully dull days of autumn around here, boys and girls. Not that our leaf-colour season is terribly brilliant in this area (our forests are mostly aspen and balsam poplar, so the colours of fall that I grew up with were yellow, yellow, and hey isn't that more yellow?), but it looks like even that will be done with pretty abruptly.

It makes it hard for me to be terribly enthusiastic about autumn yard photography, to be honest. I'd better get at least a little in, though, because as my two fans know I'm even less enthusiastic about winter shots. And that leads to very weird and unbelievably pointless indoor shots, as you'll (sigh) soon enough notice.

On the actually fall-colourful side, good news about Alan the Pumpkin. No sign of bottom softness so far, and it's starting to orange up. Right now it's in that awkward teenage stage where the orange bits on the green look suspiciously like pumpkin acne, but it's getting there.

I suppose I should take a picture of Alan. That'd give me something different from the pointless leftover spring photos currently residing on my nerdstick, at any rate. I should also make sure that I take the shot just as it is now: a mostly green pumpkin sitting on an ugly pink scrap towel in one of those metal fruit basket things you get chocolates and mini jams in at Christmas. Alan's a true decorator's dream, you know.

Oh, and for anyone who just reread the post I linked to above, I still haven't talked to the pumpkin.

Yet.





Just changed laundry loads and completely lost what little train of thought that I had, so I guess I'll call it a post right here. A post about laundry and colours and a pumpkin.

You're an absolute blogging wizard, Dee.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails