Thursday 8 November 2012

It's too early

I have no recent photos.

There are a couple of reasons for this, but the main reason is that when I look out the window right now I see white (well, ok, and some puffed-up birds in the bushes looking kind of peeved). White depresses me.

It's too early.

It's too early for me to be scanning the road reports (Um, Dad? Probably not coming down the highway this weekend). It's too early for me to be adding in scrape-the-windows time to my work commute (which, granted, is only about six minutes in good conditions. But still). And most importantly,

IT'S TOO EARLY FOR THE WEEKEND LOW TEMPERATURES TO BE BELOW -20C.

 Yes, I said -20C.

First full week of November.

That, my friends, just sucks.

Oh, and for any of my two fans of the American persuasion: Celsius - Fahrenheit conversions. Sorry, but I'm just too lazy to do it for you today.

Which brings me to: it's also too early for me to be thinking about hibernation. I can't go outside in those kinds of temperatures at the best of times (that is, when my stupid allergic to cold body has had weeks, if not months, to acclimatise), and this certainly isn't the best of times as far as all of that is concerned. Frankly, it'll be tough enough for me to get in to work at -12C tomorrow.

Keep that in mind if I don't seem to be here tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the next day...





Sigh. Look, I know that in the scheme of things (hellooo Hurricane Sandy survivors and what you're dealing with) this is a fairly low number on the Scale of Suckage. I'm not so self-absorbed as to thing that there aren't far worse things. But all these it's too earlys add up to the possibility of a very long winter, and the prospect isn't the best thing for my mental health.

Which, by the way, had been pretty good earlier in the week. Do you suppose that pissed off the planet in some way? I'll fix you, honey. Let it snow let it snow let it snow...

Ah well. What can you do but whinge and dig out? Blogging may be pretty sparse in the next few days, but then you're getting used to that by now.

Back to work for me...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails